It took a lot of courage and humility to invite VitalChurch into CCC last July. God has been faithful to reveal both strengths to be celebrated as well as weaknesses to be addressed.
If people can’t see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; but when they attend to what He reveals, they are most blessed.
–Proverbs 29:18 (MSG)
TRANSFORMATIONAL VISION STATEMENT (with input from Staff, Leaders, and Transformation Team): We will maximize our God-given opportunity to continue to unify CCC by humbly and prayerfully:
- Recommitting to be Christ-centered and gospel-saturated in all we do (1 Cor 15:1-4)
- Embracing inevitable conflict and growing through it (Eph 4:15)
- Developing a biblically-based leadership and governance model that prizes authentic relationships and mutual accountability (1 Pet 5:1-4)
- Developing the organizational systems and infrastructure to reflect a large and vital church (Ex 18:17-23; 1 Cor 12:12-25)
- Reviewing and updating all staff Role Descriptions and instituting an ongoing performance review process (Eph 4:11-12; 1 Tim 4:15-16)
This will culminate in the calling of a permanent lead pastor who will team with CCC to engage in a new chapter of ministry fruitfulness in SE MA and around the world.
We have an excellent opportunity for everyone who identifies CCC as their home church to grow deeper and stronger in our relationship with Christ, with one another, as well as with those God wants to add to our community.
The following is a 5-month update of highlights as we move into Dec…
- We have a high functioning Transformation Team (TT) made up of leaders with administrative capacity to plan all-church Summits, other Events, update Policies and By-Laws, Staff Role Descriptions, etc. (The incoming Elders will become ad hoc members of the TT).
- Two sessions for Summit #1 — The Journey Wall Experience have been completed — looking back to celebrate all that God has accomplished as well as learning from our mistakes to assess our current reality accurately.
- Staff Updates:
- We held Mid-Career Assessment/Discernment Days for both Pastors Jim and Matt with VitalChurch Partner Dr. Tom Wilkens.
- We have begun weekly staff prayer times and Management Team staff meetings to continue to build team unity and chemistry.
- We recently staffed a well-qualified and gifted Student Ministries Pastor, Conrad McKenzie!!
- We have begun to rework all Staff Role Descriptions, which will include both specific Ministry Objectives (MO’s) as well as Personal Objectives (PO’s – developmental) for each staff member. Once the Role Descriptions are finalized each staff member will undergo a Performance Review after 3-months.
- Elder Team Reconstitution Update – Four NE Regional Church Leaders agreed to interview CCC Elder Candidates and four were presented for an all-church vote of affirmation.
- There has been a very positive and ongoing process of relational reconciliation with all the former elders except the former Lead Pastor.
- A recent online VitalChurch Demographic Survey indicated encouraging metrics for CCC vitality and stability.
- We have published an Advent Family Resource to walk through this Christmas Season slowly, thoughtfully, and together. (You can download it here.)
- The Reconstitution of the Elder Team – vote of affirmation, training, and team building.
- The continued rebuilding of our (awesome) Worship Team Community.
- The re/building of organizational development systems and infrastructure to fit a large and vital church.
- The rebuilding and resourcing of our Small Group Ministry.
- A rebuilding of a Discipleship Pathway.
- That God would continue to grace CCC with outreach opportunities (both near and far) along with salvations.
It is a privilege and a joy for me to serve with you at CCC,